my kind of woman

No girl was beautiful to everyone, except herself. And when I tell her she's perfect, she insists that she's not, so I insist that she is. I tell her if I could change one thing about you, next to nothing, I would change your eyes. Exchange them for mine, so you could see what I see when I see you. She tells me, she knows she's beautiful but she doesn't feel like it. But I don't want to make her feel that way. Make her love herself in the same way she loves pizza or the wild beaches, so I insist that she is. 

I tell her, when I look at you I see poetry. The kind that moves you and keeps you grounded at the same time. The kind I'd like to wake up next to in the morning. When I tell you you're perfect, don't tell me you're not, because you've seen yourself every day of your life. You're used to this. But this is new for me. Because every time I see you I find something new to adore. To remind me of me. Because every time I listen to you I find something new to love. 

You remind me of the first time I fell in love, and you look like the last time I will. I see perfect in you and if you can't see it worth i will make sure you hear it. I'll explain it in great detail for you if you can't love yourself. I'll hold your spot in line. Watch me now, I'll show you how I see perfect in you. Perfect in a way that dismisses all other times I've used the word. My belief is that every person has their own interpretation of it, so you don't have to think you are to be my kind of woman.



Comments