this one was for her

I get comfortable very easily. Sometimes too soon. I hate facades and I've never held up a shield, so I find it hard to restrain the entirety of who I am. I've realised this doesn't always work out in my favour. Because when you're comfortable you share something closer to the rawest version of yourself and this makes it harder for others to uphold their personal images of you. 

Subconsciously I beg to question do you enjoy me? Or do you enjoy your idealised version of me? Are we here together? Or am i playing a part in the script you are writing in your head. I've never been a good actor. I smile too much and it seems you only appreciated me being myself when it coincides with who you think I am. I seem to step out of my character when I step out of my shell. I'm not a portrait or a painting. I'm a person. 

I have bad angles and even worse days sometimes. I don't expect you to be happy with every part of me. And I hope you're prepared to love not only your favourite parts but everything  outside of the frame you tried to box me in. 




Comments